Benefits of ACEI membership include the following:
- Collective lobbying with Government at local and European level, in particular relation to EU Directives
- An enhanced professional reputation through ACEI involvement in built environment industry initiatives
- Regular information and updates on industry matters
- Advice and guidance on best business practices
- Collective promotion of consulting engineering services
- Advice on Professional Indemnity Insurance (PII) and risk management issues
- Advice and practice guidance on Irish legislative changes
- Online promotion and marketing of member firms through ACEI Website with links to the European (EFCA) and International (FIDIC) websites
- Inclusion in hard copy Annual Review & Directory of Members which is circulated to all Government agencies, banks, building societies, embassies and senior officials of Government departments
- Discounted participation in Continuous Professional Development (CPD) educational programmes provided for member companies and their staff
- Provision of certification for clients regarding member firm qualifications, competence and related expertise
- Representation to public and private sector bodies in relation to business practice procedures on matters including Quality Based Selection, Professional Liability, Integrity Management and Health and Safety
- International recognition of member firms through ACEI membership of International Federation of Consulting Engineers (FIDIC) and European Federation of Engineering Consultancy Associations (EFCA)
- Monthly online newsletter with up-to-date information on issues relevant to consulting engineering practices.
- Opportunity to submit projects for ACEI Annual Engineering Excellence Awards and attend gala Awards Dinner
- Opportunity for qualified employees in member firms to apply for annual Emerging Professional Consulting Engineer (EPCE) award
- Opportunity for qualified employees in member firms to apply for ACEI Fellow Professional Consulting Engineer (FConsEI) and ACEI Registered Professional Consulting Engineer (RConsEI)
Cost of Membership
The Association subscription formula is based on:
- Payment of a subscription fee for each ACEI Fellow Professional Consulting Engineer (FConsEI) listed in the company (must be at least one FConsEI per firm).
- Payment of a subscription fee for each ACEI Registered Professional Consulting Engineer (RConsEI) listed in the company (no minimum number of RConsEI required).
- Plus a payment in respect of all other staff, in any role, up to a ceiling of 60:
The 2022 Annual Subscription rates are as follows:
- ACEI Fellow Professional Consulting Engineers (FConsEI): €449.00 per person
- ACEI Registered Professional Consulting Engineers (RConsEI): €239.00 per person
- Other employees including engineers, technical and administrative: €134.00 per person (up to a maximum of 60)
From 1 November 2022, the following subscription fees will apply for all new firms applying for ACEI membership up until 31 December 2023:
One third of fees will be charged for Year 1, 2023.
Two thirds of fees will be charged for Year 2, 2024.
100% of fees will be charged for Year 3, 2025, and subsequent years